Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Little Bun-
Guess what? This is my last letter referring to you as “Little Bun”. Starting next week they’ll say Dear Little Cohen OR Dear Little Ava. Why is that you ask? Well, because tomorrow is our BIG appointment where I know you’ll cooperate, just like you’ve done at every other appointment. You kind of need to cooperate tomorrow so we can see if we’re going to have a little boy or a little girl joining our family. That’s very bizarre to me. Tomorrow I’ll know if I’ll be raising a son or a daughter.
Today, you’re the size of a sweet potato. That’s pretty big little one! You’re moving around a lot now, and my book says that you do a lot of yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing! You sure do have busy days don’t you? You’re just so ridiculously cute right now that it’s insane.
I do feel you moving a lot more lately. I think you’re most active at night time when everything is settling down. I feel you occasionally thump in the morning, but man, at night, you are just thumping away in there. Last night at Ladies Bible Study, Mommy felt you thumping and moving around so much it made me get all teary-eyed. It’s unbelievable that I have a little baby in there who is happy and content. No one else can feel you just yet, but that’s just a matter of time. Whenever Roxy (your big sister) gets on my belly and purrs, you start to thump away (I’m not sure if it’s kicking or if you’re body slamming yourself against my belly). I think it’s because she’s heavy and bugging you, but maybe you really like purring! You’re growing so much and changing so much everyday that I’m in awe! Even though I can’t see you, I know you’re growing because of how much stronger your movements are getting.
Tonight Nana and Poppy are buying you a crib! Well I don’t think Poppy is actually going with us, but still, they’re technically buying it for you. Nana and I crib shopped a couple of nights ago and I found one that I love. I came home and showed Daddy and he loves it too! So tonight, Nana is picking us up, and we’re getting you your crib. It works out perfectly because there are some teething bumpers I want to order for you (from Etsy) and once I know if you’re a little boy or girl, I can order them! But I needed to know the crib measurements first.
Can you tell that this is a long letter? You know why? Because so much is about to change after tomorrow and I’m overwhelmed and cannot stop rambling. But I will stop now my little love.
 I love you my Sweet Potato Bun.
Love, Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweet daughter of mine. I know that tomorrow is going to be a big day for you and Tyler. We are so excited also, we just can't stand it. But no matter if its a boy or a girl you will love it so much you will wonder if you can love someone so much. You probably won't sleep tonight LOL, but you will know soon enough, and remember don't text me, CALL ME LOL. And Cohen or Ava I am so excited to hold and kiss you all over. I already love you so much. You will be my third grandbaby and I love you all so much. I just love being a nana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie! I can really tell in your recent pic that the baby is growing! I can't wait for tomorrow. I know you and Tyler are so excited. I still have trouble believing that my little boy is going to be a daddy! Ya'll will be awesome parents. I can't wait to get your call!! Love you both.......actually Love you three!!!! Brenda (Gigi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom--Eeeshkkk I know. I just hope today is a busy day at work to hold my attention long enough without daydreaming about the baby. And of course I'll call :) Family always gets called lol...Lovveee you

    Brenda--The baby is definitely getting bigger because my stomach is sticking out so much now! It's crazy!! And just like I promised my mom, you two will be the first called (we'll both have our phones ready to call our moms first!!). It's going to be exciting. Love you!!

    **And baby loves you both so much already, I just know it!**

    ReplyDelete