Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 20 Updates

My bump size hasn't changed much since last week, but it's shape is looking more and more like a pregnant belly.

Weekly Questions

How far along? Am I seriously already at 20 weeks? Unbelievable….halfway done!

How Big Is The Baby? The baby is 6.5 inches. According to my phone app, the baby is supposed to be 10.6 oz. The size of a canteloupe!!

Total weight gain: Today I’m at 140.2. So my overall weight loss is now .8 lbs (starting weight 141.0). I’m almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I’m not going to lie…the numbers after that scare me a little bit. I’m just not great at the accepting the weight gain even though I know it’s because I’m pregnant. I’m definitely only going to weigh myself once a week to avoid the scale some.

Maternity Clothes: I just found out Sunday that apparently, my maternity skirts are a good idea to wear and control top pantyhose are something I should avoid. I thought I’d be fine, but sitting was next to impossible and I was probably crushing Cohen most of the service. The skirt and pantyhose dug into my stomach the entire time. I either need to wear non-control top or go invest in a pair of maternity pantyhose. And right now I’m in a nice elastic paneled skirt and I couldn’t be happier.

Sleep: Eh. Not great. But that’s only somewhat baby related. I really, really, really need to use my body pillow every night or else my back and neck kill me the next day and I really, really, really need my neighbors to move. They are so noisy and are making me feel like an old crank. I want to wobble out there and shake a cane at them for their loud teenager music.

Food cravings: No real cravings this week. Just loving food again so that’s nice.

What I miss: The no back pain thing. Not going to lie, it hurts.

What I am looking forward to: I made it to halfway point and my next appointment isn’t until December 2nd so the next big thing is Thanksgiving!! Going to Odessa and going to eat. Maternity panels are very helpful during the holiday season. Not going to have to worry about buttons or zippers digging in.

Milestones: This week our glider came in the mail! Now his room is looking more and more like a room. Feeling Cohen ball up under my skin. It was also very, very weird.

2 comments:

  1. You know, your back wouldn't hurt so bad if you would have just let me rub your butt last time we were in Odessa. Just saying...

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel-

    Oh my goodness!! That is HILARIOUS. I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

    It's probably true though.

    Haha...

    ReplyDelete