Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 21 Updates

This is not a maternity dress but thought I could at least one more wear out of it before it starts looking too awkward. The bump is definitely there but in this dress, without my hand there the bump looked really small. Still got lots of comments on Sunday about starting to show more!

Weekly Questions

How far along? 21 weeks!

How Big Is The Baby? The baby is 10.5 inches. The size of a banana!!

Total weight gain: Today I’m at 141.4. I’ve finally past my pre-pregnancy weight (starting weight 141.0). That’s okay. I’m not flipping out. I made it halfway through and knew it had to happen eventually. So I’m now .4 lb past my pre-pregnancy weight with an overall weight gain of 8.4 lbs. I write it like this because it encourages me haha.

Maternity Clothes: I’m embracing them beautifully. I did wear a non maternity sweater to church Sunday morning and I looked like I was stuffed into it. Seriously, it was bad. So I’m no longer wearing that. I did wear a non-maternity dress Sunday night that totally worked so I am still able to wear some non-maternity, I just have to be careful when choosing what will actually fit.

Sleep: Okay. This week I’ve slept through the night, I just still get that tailbone pain.

Food cravings: Again, no real food cravings. Just drinking lots of apple juice and actually eating real food again. I ate chicken twice this week!! Huge accomplishment considering how repulsed I was by it.

What I miss: Just the not having back pain. But everything else is so much fun.

What I am looking forward to: It’s Thanksgiving this week and we’re going to see Tyler’s family! I get to wear an elastic panel skirt so I should be the most comfortable person there after eating so much that I can’t stand it! No unzipping/unbuttoning for me, these skirts were made for big bellies.

Milestones: Amanda and my mom felt him move! He doesn’t kick as much as he thumps. It feels like he’s running into things. His movement has really increased and I feel him a lot more than I used to.

4 comments:

  1. And you looked so cute in that dress. Ashley you make such a beautiful mom. And yes you are going to get bigger, it is funny how it amazes you the bigger you get. It makes me and all the other moms laugh.
    love you so much. I know you will have a great time at Tyler's family, but you will be so missed here. I am still trying to get used to the holidays you are gone.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and this time next year Cohen will be with us all. YAY
    love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Mom!!

    And yes, I know I'm going to get bigger and every single time the belly grows it's going to freak me out just a bit. Haha!! I don't think I'll ever get used to it!

    We're going to miss you too!

    Our holidays are going to be totally different next year with a little baby around :)

    Love youuuu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Thanksgiving is AWESOME when you get to wear stretchy clothes! If I wasn't HUGELY 9 months pregnant, I think I could give you a run for your money in the comfort race! I love you and can't wait to see you TOMORROW! Love, Des

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Des...You know I'm going to fill up way fast and not be able to enjoy the elastic panel comfort. But I'm still going to try really, really hard!

    See you tomorrow!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete