Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cohen's Nursery Plans--Part 2

Linens/Cloth/Bedding

I don't have pictures of these, but for sheets I plan on buying different colors (to match the room) with different patterns and prints. This way, as we need to change them, they will still match the room. I plan on getting striped, solid, and polka dotted sheets.

This is the curtain I really want for his room. I have to measure our window though to see if it'll fit. I don't want a full curtain for the window because the blinds are pretty good about keeping the room dark. If it doesn't fit, then I'm going to just get a solid valence that's long enough.














I found this crib ruffle at target and think it'll look perfect with his crib. I love that it's striped and not solid!














I found these custom teething bumpers on Etsy that will look great on the crib, add extra color, but also protect his crib from tons of bite marks when he starts teething. I posted the picture of what they look like an actual crib, but I'm also posting a picture of the different fabrics we can choose from. We're going to go with the green polka dot one since there are already plenty of reds and blues in the room and since his crib skirt is already striped.



We're also going to register for a white breathable bumper to go in the crib so it'll match whatever we put in there.

I found a blanket on Etsy that used fabric with Brown Bear, Brown Bear printed on it to hang over his crib, but it's currently sold out. I do plan on emailing her and asking if she can make another one.

Decorations/Misc

We are going to frame various art from Eric Carle to hang above the changing table. We aren't buying any frames until we know what size the art will be, but we know we want matted frames, most likely in dark brown or black. I plan on actually looking for Eric Carle prints instead of buying different books and destroying them for 4 prints.

I'm also going to buy medium sized wooden letters from Hobby Lobby and with Amanda's help, we're going to paint them (keeping it pretty simple) in red, blue, green, and yellow to hang his name over the bed.

I want to get this lamp from Walmart and then buy thick yellow squiggle ribbon to glue around the top and bottom of the shade. This will be the primary light in the room to keep the lighting soft and not harsh for little Cohen.


These are the books I want to order from Amazon.



So there's my running list of plans! We have a lot to do, so we're getting started now.

The only other little things we have to worry about are getting his Eric Carle book collection started (I'm going to be shopping at all the used book stores I can) and finding a plush Very Hungry Caterpillar. I've seen a lot of this on Ebay so I will start there in January if I haven't found what I'm looking for offline.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley, I love your plans so far! His room is going to be soooo cute! Just remember you have lots of family DYING to buy stuff for you and Christmas is just around the corner. Keep us updated on what you buy so we know what you don't have and we can help buy some of the stuff. I'm so excited for yall, this was the funnest part for me!

    Love love
    Auntie Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly :) Well I don't plan on buying much until after Christmas so don't worry!! LOL right now our budget is for the holidays and I'll get started on a nursery budget after the holidays.

    I'm glad you like the theme!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete