Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cohen's Nursery Plans--Part 1

Well, I'm sure this will be a long post. But since we know we're having a boy, I've been VERY excited to start planning this little boy's nursery. Tyler and I have had many, many talks about how it was going to look, where everything will go, and what the primary theme will be. Super excited that we actually decided on a theme prior to finding out so we can get started early with all of the decorating!

This list really is for me to keep my thoughts straight. I'm a planner so this is really helpful to have so I don't lose my mind! And as crazy early as it is, we've also started a registry at Target and Babies R Us. They are nowhere near complete, but this way, as I hear about products I like, or see something I know we'll need I have a place to add it so I don't forget later. I know I'll have to watch it from time to time to make sure things are still in stock and to actually build on to it what we need.

Basically, the room is going to be red, blue, green, and yellow and we're going to frame Eric Carle art in the room for the extra pop. We aren't going to paint his room, so any color we can have will be really helpful. We're also hoping that by keeping it bright it will easily move into a toddler room and even a kid friendly room to save the cost of redecorating when we gets older.

Furniture/Shelving/Storage

We are using the Graco Lauren Collection from Target for our crib and changing table. They are both Espresso stained and will go great against the pale walls.


We have ordered our glider. It's a Ragazzi Pompei Premium Glider and Ottoman with Beige Cushions and Black Rubbed Wood. It was the closest color to match the crib and table. 

We also have this foyer table from World Market (ours has an Espresso finish) that we changed the drawer pull to a blue and white one. This will go in the corner of his room with a lamp and some pictures of him on it.


Since Cohen won't have a dresser in the room, I plan on buying a rubbermaid shelf to put in his closet that has a few drawers for some of his basics like sleepwear, plain onesies, etc. I also plan on getting some canvas bins to put on the shelves of the changing table (the ones pictured are from Target, but they are just for an idea, I need to see if they will fit). There we can keep his lotions, creams, wipes, diapers, blankets, etc. Finding where those things go will all be trial and error and we can figure out once we have the table and tupperware drawers.


The last two pieces of furniture/shelving I don't have pictures to show. One of them is a large wooden hanging shelf that Tyler's parents gave to us. We plan on painting the backing of the shelf blue and then the actual shelfs will be red, yellow, green. Since this hangs on the wall it will really brighten up the room. Each shelf is going to have either a little stuffed animal, small books, or small toys.

The other piece of furniture Tyler's grandfather built. It's an end table with magazine rack at the bottom. This will go near the glider. In the bottom we will put Cohen's books and on top we are going to put bookends with the Eric Carle books we plan on collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment