Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 5-Week of the Bloat

I know, I know, I don’t have a baby belly yet, but I do have an extreme case of bloat. Bloat is interesting because I can’t suck it in so I just look a little fat, but at the same time, I don’t care. It’s baby bloat and I love it. It tends to be HUGE at the end of the night and that’s when I took this picture so yeah, I look huge.
Weekly Questions

How far along? 5 weeks 4 days

How Big Is The Baby? The size of an appleseed. My word, this baby has done A LOT this week in terms of growing.

otal weight gain: Well, I lost almost three in the beginning of the week, but I’ve put one back on. So I say I’ve lost 2 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Not really. Mom took to me this cute maternity shop to look around and I got a sweater for the fall and a cute dress for the fall. I also picked out a cute denim skirt that is fantastic. I got to wear the baby belly while trying them on so that was fun too. Oh, and I’m not gonna lie, I wear that jean skirt now. Haha, way too early, but with that fantastic bloat, my other denim skirts just don’t button comfortably. Who knew this elastic panel would be soooo comfortable?

Stretch marks: Obviously none right now!

Sleep: I do this all of the time. No joke. The other night I went to sleep at 8:50. And I slept without waking up throughout the night. I am one tired lady right now.

Movement: **Obviously no, so I'm skipping these questions**

Food cravings: Besides the HUGE appetite that I still have, I also had my first real craving this week: BBQ Potato Chips. It’s only because I sampled one at Costco and they were amazing. By the time dinner rolled around they were all I could think about. That was really the only night I’ve craved them or anything else.

Food aversions: Fake sugar (see previous blog entry).

What I miss: Nothing so far!

What I am looking forward to: August 26th: The BIG appointment. We’ll get to see our baby and hopefully hear a heart beat!

Milestones: Going to doctor on Thursday and doing an ultrasound. I got to see where the baby might possibly be growing. Trying on the baby belly to see where I’ll be in a few months. Buying a tankini top to hide this bloat. Telling people at work that I’m going to have a baby. Getting horribly sick after drinking chocolate milk (is that a milestone?). Taking our first weekly picture together.

2 comments:

  1. you are so cute! i used to take a rubber band and put it in the button hole and wrap it around to the button. I did this until I was about 5 months when I was pregnant w/Jeremy. I was seeing how long I could go without wearing maternity clothes. then your mom and I would go to the mall and eat cinnabon and that was my down fall. 60 lbs with that pregnancy...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the rubber band trick. My only issue right now would be the only skirts I button are my jean ones, and my maternity one is soooo comfortable. All of my other skirts zip in the back so those should be okay for a little while.

    And cinnabon sounds so good right now :)

    ReplyDelete