Monday, August 2, 2010

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Little Bun-

Hey little baby. This has been a pretty exciting time for your Daddy and Mommy! We were so happy to find out that you’re finally growing inside of us and the test came back positive. So far, the only symptoms you're giving Mommy is some light cramping (don’t worry, I looked up, and your okay, the cramping is normal right now) and extreme hunger. I want to eat all of the time. It’s unbelievable. But if you want to eat all of the time, that’s okay, just please don’t make me sick. Mommy hates to throw up and Daddy doesn’t like to hear throw up (I did warn him that you’ll help him get past that!). Today I woke up feeling kind of weird, but I still smiled because I know it’s because you’re growing. I’ve looked up what you’re doing this week and you are busy! You’re growing so much this week and I’m already so proud of you!

I promise you baby, that this next nine months I will do my best to carry you and take care of you. I will eat what I’m supposed to and I’m giving up caffeine just to make sure you stay healthy (believe me, Mommy has a HUGE Diet Coke addiction). And after nine months, you’ll get to come home with Mommy and Daddy and we’ll get to love you and hold you and play with you. But, you have to promise me that you’re going to hang in there the next nine months. Don’t go anywhere or try to get out too early.

I get to go to the doctor in one month and hear your little heartbeat, so for the next 30 days grow A LOT and have a really good heartbeat so we can hear you when the time comes.

I’m looking forward to this next week with you, my very sweet (and cute) Little Bun.

I love you so much already, even if you’re as small as a poppyseed, so imagine how much more I’m going to love you these next few months.

Okay Little Bun, let’s do this together!

I love you so much-

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Okay let me dry my tears, Oh my goodness this is so exciting. I love you so much and to my new little grandbaby I love you so much you will never know.

    --Love Nana

    ReplyDelete