Monday, August 9, 2010

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Little Bun-

Hey sweetie. What a week we've had together!

You have grown SO much this week that it's no shock that you made Mommy cramp so much! You've grown from a poppy seed into a little appleseed. You've started to grow your major organs like your stomach, kidney, heart, and liver, and you've started to develop your nervous system, circulatory system, and digestive system. Which is  A LOT for a little baby to do in such a few short days.

The cramps weren't too bad, but they worried Mommy a little so I called the doctor and she had me come in for a visit. She did an ultrasound, but because it's still really early the doctor couldn't see much. But she did see a spot that you could possible be growing and it made Mommy smile and laugh! You already make me smile so much it's ridiculous.

You've also made Mommy pretty bloaty this week. In fact, I can't even button my usual denim skirts! Luckily, Nana bought me a few maternity items, one of them being a jean skirt. So even though I don't have a baby belly just yet, I wear this skirt when I can because it's much more comfortable than trying to squeeze into a skirt that's just too small right now.

You have also started waking Mommy up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Who knew that something so tiny could wake me up at 3:00 am? Even though I can't see and I stumble around trying to find the bathroom, I still smile, because that just means you're growing even more and that makes me very happy.

Do you hear Daddy praying for you? He prays for you every single night baby. He puts his hand on my tummy and prays that you will continue to grow and you will be healthy. He prays that we will be good parents to you and that we can be a fantastic family. So please baby, listen to those prayers, because we are telling the truth. We want to meet you one day, so you have to do your job and keep growing. And when Mommy and Daddy go to the doctor in a few weeks, beat your heart really strong so we can see it and Mommy can have less worries okay?

I love you Little Appleseed Bun.

Love-
Mommy

6 comments:

  1. Okay girl, you make me cry when I read your letters to your baby. You two are going to be awesome parents. Keep praying and loving this baby because one day he or she will be in your arms knowing that you will always be there for them. What a blessing you two have coming. Children are such a wonderful blessing God can give a parent. love mom and nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure i can read these each week. it makes me so happy to hear that you guys are already praying over this little blessing....it makes me cry happy tears..love you, aunt gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I'm not trying to make everyone cry!! I just think it'll be fun to see where these letters go and hopefully Baby Bun will want to read them one day :)

    And yes, we will pray for our little blessing every single night. We couldn't be happier right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi loves her little bunny SO MUCH already, even if you are just a little appleseed right now. And if you give me any lame books that you've signed for me I promise I will never donate them to a used book store. Cross my heart. But seriously, hurry up and get here...xoxo

    --Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just realized something funny, my pet name for Kyle is Bunny and I call him Bun for short! Hahaha, he doesn't let me call him that in public but I think its great! So tell Little Bun that his/her Aunt Rach and Uncle Bun love him/her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Rachel that's fantastic!! Haha Kyle and the baby have the same nickname. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete