Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week 23 Updates


Weekly Questions

How far along? 23 weeks…

How Big Is The Baby? The baby is just over 11 inches and weighs a little over a pound.Total weight gain: Today I’m at 144.0. I’m now 3 lb past my pre-pregnancy weight. My doctor doesn’t take into count my weight loss, they only count what I’ve gained past my pre-pregnancy weight (so while I was saying I’ve gained an overall 11 pounds since I lost 8 originally, they only see my weight gain as 3 lbs). So I’m done counting that bigger number too. From now on, it’s only what I’ve gained past my pre-pregnancy weight (141.0). 3 lbs and counting…

Maternity Clothes: I’m wearing maternity bottoms and non-maternity shirts and dresses. I’ll probably get a couple more skirts, but as for shirts, I’m making my non-maternity ones work as long as possible. The sweater in this week’s picture isn’t maternity.

Sleep: A good week of sleep (especially once I learned I can still sleep on my back for a few more weeks!! Back on my back I go…and great sleep has returned!). First-trimester fatigue did return this week and I’m fighting sleep at 7 pm again. I sure hope that it’s just temporary.

Food cravings: This week I craved a pina colada (non-alcoholic of course) and green bean casserole. I’ve actually been craving green bean casserole for about 3 weeks now.

What I miss: Non-maternity skirts. I went through my clothes to pull out some sweaters and looked at my dozens of cute skirts I have that I can’t wear right now. I was a little heartsick for them. Wearing the same 4 for 23 weeks has gotten really old, really fast. I’m seriously going to have to get at least 2 more!

What I am looking forward to: This week is just a regular week for us. My papa is coming into town on Monday so he’ll get to meet his great grandson as an inside baby this trip!

Milestones: Our appointment went well this week. Cohen’s heartbeat was great, and my stomach is popping out just enough. I scheduled my glucose test (who knew it would come this fast??). Nana bought Cohen his coming home outfit that I picked out for him (a little dinosaur sleeper with a snap shirt, of course I cried). Tyler bought a card for me from Cohen that said “Mommy” on it, and I teared up again. Cohen kicks a lot during worship service, so I’m assuming he loves the music and loves hearing us sing to Jesus!

3 comments:

  1. Okay Ashley, you are doing fantastic, and I know you will be awesome in the delivery room. I am so excited about being in there with you, to help you through this time of your life. My little girl is having her little boy. You just don't know how this makes me feel. I love watching you get everything ready. Having a little one around is so great. Enjoy all this time you have before he gets here, since you may not have to much you time afterwards LOL. Only kidding you can come by as much as you want, as long as Cohen is with you!
    Love you so much girl. You are soon to be a mommy of your own. It is the most awesome joy in the world. I know but I got to do it.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is random but I have to ask...what is that red and tan thing on the floor? Its in several of the pictures and I can't figure out what it is! hahaha, just wondering!

    Love love
    Rache

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom--Awww you're so sweet :) Thank you for helping me get everything together. And thank you for listening to all of my little worries and plans!!! Don't worry, we'll be over at your house a lot...Cohen is going to LOVE being there! Love youuuu

    Rachel-That is this lady bug that makes this awful crinkly noise. It's Roxy's toy that she's supposed to run into and crunch, but really, she's scared of it so she just hides her toys in there LOL.

    ReplyDelete