Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Baby Cohen

Hey sweet boy!!

Well first, let me say, you did awesome at your appointment last week. It was funny because when she put the Doppler on my belly to listen to your heartbeat, you let her listen for a few seconds and then swam away from it. It’s okay, she’s just our temporary doctor, and I didn’t like her either. Our regular one will be back in January (so just one more appointment with the temporary doctor).

Well, supposedly, I should start dancing. According to the updates you have a sense of movement developed now and you can feel me move around. That being said, I apologize, because Mommy is very hyper and can’t sit still too long. I’m sure you hate the fact that I'm constantly moving. But based off the way you kick and move around, neither do you!! You’re a lot like your Mommy already!

They say you are the size of a mango now and your blood vessels in your lungs are developing now. You’re also getting used to more noises and you’re getting used to loud noises.

In church on Sunday you kicked around while Mommy was singing on the Praise Team. It was during “How Great Is Our God.” It made me get all teary eyed thinking about you one day praising Jesus in church with us!

Mommy has been pretty emotional this week though. Everything that has to do with you makes my heart happy and I get teary eyed. I was out with Nana while she was getting you some of your stocking stuffers and the little toys were just so cute and sweet. And then I found the little outfit I want to bring you home from the hospital in and realized how small it was and I welled up again. She bought it to put in your stocking and I can’t stop looking at it when I go over there. And then Mimi bought you some of the sweetest clothes as a “just-because” present and they are so sweet and tiny! And then last night Daddy was late coming home from the store and it was because he was picking out a cute little card from you, to me. It said “Mommy” on it (plus more, but the word “mommy” got me) along with Miracle on 34th Street (my favorite holiday movie) and my eyes were misting over.

We’ve still got 17 weeks until we meet you baby and I’m going to be an emotional mess apparently. But I suppose it’s because I’m so happy and so blessed that I get to carry you and feel you move and kick and it’s the best feeling ever.

Well little Mister, I think that recaps this week.

 I love you so much that it sometimes makes my heart hurt.

I can’t wait to kiss you right on the face.

I love you lots baby boy.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. wow seventeen weeks and a new addition will be in our family (not that you are not already) but to be able to hold you, and kiss you makes your nana so happy. I think I am as emotional as your mama. Cohen, you are going to have such awesome parents. You also have so much family to love you from all over. You are one blessed litle boy. I cannot wait till you come.
    Love your nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Ash! I'm emotional too, and I don't even have an excuse! I think its just because its Christmas time and you and Des are both prego. I went to our church Christmas Program and cried FOR EVERYTHING! I love yall and can't wait to see yall!

    Autie Rache

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom-It's unbelievable how many of people love this little boy already. And if the two of us don't stop crying at every commercial and song, we're going to be a mess LOL. Love you.

    Rachel-Haha, it's funny how pregnancy and Christmas makes everyone sappy :) I can't wait to see you soon! Love you.

    ReplyDelete