Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Little Baby Bun-
Hey sweetie. How’re you doing in your little womb?? Hopefully all is well for you this week!
Can you believe you’re the size of a lemon now? My book says you can get up to 3.4 inches this week!! That’s VERY big baby!! It also says you’re doing a lot of thumb sucking and toe wiggling. That makes Mommy laugh and I can’t help but think about you wiggling your little toes in amazement! It’s a pretty incredible thing, so you’re allowed to proud of yourself. Your liver, kidneys, and spleen will develop more this week and you’re also starting to make your own pee (haha, gross right?). The last thing it tells me about is that you are growing thin little hairs all over your little body to keep you warm. If you’re like your Mommy, you’ll be cold all of the time. I try to keep us warm but it’s hard when everyone else around you is always so hot.
I’m pretty sure you have your Daddy’s sweet tooth. That’s all you ever want. Now I try to be a good Mom and make sure we’re eating balanced meals, but sometimes it’s very hard because nothing sounds better than an angel food cake!
Daddy and I went and bought you 3 books this weekend. I know that my book says you can’t hear me yet, but I still love talking to you and this week I started reading to you before bed. It’s so much fun reading “Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?” and “Are You My Mommy?” to you. We’ll read a different one tonight. It’s a fun one about all of the babies falling asleep. We think it’s very important to build you a big library so you’ll always have something to read. And since Mommy is a nerd, we’re starting now!
This weekend we met a little boy who was giving us advice on what toys we should give you when you’re first born. Now most of his selections were way too old for you, but it was still fun playing in the toy aisle with him, and made Mommy very excited about playing with you and your toys once you’re an outside baby.
Next week I get to hear your tiny little heartbeat again. Start practicing beating it very hard and strong again so our doctor can hear it right away.
I love you so much my Little Lemon Bun-
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment