Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 12 Updates

Look at my little, tiny, barely-there bump! Okay, well it's not barely-there, but I think the picture makes it look bigger than it actually is...You know how I know it’s a bump and not bloat? Because, my bloat totally disappeared and this little bump came up from very low and just sticks around.

Weekly Questions

How far along? TWELVE weeks. I’m in awe. Some books say I’m in 2nd trimester now, and some say not until week 13. So, I’m claiming 2nd trimester as 12 ½ weeks. So I’ll be there in just a few short days. And I couldn’t be more thrilled.

How Big Is The Baby? The size of a plum. That’s pretty unbelievable. We’re way past the days of the microscopic poppy-seed-sized baby. There’s no going back, this baby is just getting bigger!

Total weight gain: So, I gained a pound last week, but then lost 1 ½ pounds this week. So now I’m at 135 lbs even (yeah, obviously, I don’t care about sharing the actual number on here. Plus, it’s easier for me to keep track that way!). Funny, that was my goal weight before I got pregnant. I’m glad I at least get to see that weight again before all the baby weight starts adding on!

Maternity Clothes: Now that I have a baby pooch rather than a huge bloat, I don’t mind the fitted shirts that show it a little bit more. Before, it looked like I ate a dozen donuts for breakfast so I avoided fitted shirts. But now that baby is starting to pooch out, I want people to see it. Though it still feels weird to wear a fitted shirt that shows a bump, I still automatically want to suck it in.

Sleep: I’m sleeping through the night and getting GREAT sleep. I wake up feeling sore, but I know it’s because I toss way more at night now.

Food cravings: No real cravings. I like somewhat bland food and still avoid creamy food. Also, I hate anything cooked in oil. Turns out, I can always taste the oil. And that is pretty gag-worthy.

What I miss: Nothing right now. I'm happy to be pregnant, even with all of the crazy changes!

What I am looking forward to: 2nd Trimester!!

Milestones: I went to see my doctor this week and the baby danced all around during the ultrasound! Nana and Mimi were there so it was great for them to see too. Man, that baby is active.

No comments:

Post a Comment