Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Little Bun-

Hey sweetie. Well my goodness, Mommy is tired this week! I think it’s because you’re starting to get big but man alive, I cannot keep my eyes open.

You’re going to be the length of a peach this week. A peach baby. Do you know how big that is? It’s pretty big. This week your intestines are moving from your umbical cord into your actual body. That’s pretty crazy. It may seem normal to you that your intestines aren’t actually inside of you, but believe me, it’s weird. You’ll understand it once they grow inside of you. Also, your teeth are starting to form. They won’t actually grow and break out of the gums just yet (that would be crazy, and since we joked about you being born with a full set of teeth, I’m asking you not to, okay?). Another big change for you this week is that you’re forming vocal cords! This can go two ways. Your Daddy is pretty soft-spoken and can be really quiet. So maybe you’ll have his vocal cords. But Mommy is extremely loud. I’m a terrible whisperer. I can’t do the whole six-inch voice thing. But if you have my vocal cords and you’re nice and loud, it’ll be okay. Daddy’s already used to me being loud so it won’t be an adjustment for him!

Nana and I bought you some very cute teether animals this week. They are very cute! I know you won’t need them right away, but they look like little stuffed animals and we couldn’t pass them up!

Also, your big sister, Roxy, started getting a little jealous this week. Daddy was talking to you (We know you can’t hear us just yet, but we still can’t help but to say hello everyday) and Roxy woke up, came over, and tried to get Daddy’s attention away from you. Don’t worry, she’ll love you just as much as we do, but she’s not sure about the whole baby thing yet. We’ll teach you how we give her treats, and make trash balls for her, and soon enough, you two will be the best of friends.

We don’t have anything big coming up this week for us. We’ll just be hanging out, enjoying life.

I love you very my Little Peach Bun!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment