Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 34 Updates

I think my bump had a growth spurt this week. I look much bigger in this week’s picture than last week. And I love how awkward my smile is here, haha...I think Tyler took this while he was on the phone so I wasn't ready for the picture.
Weekly Questions How far along? 34 weeks!

How Big Is The Baby? BabyCenter says he weighs about 4 ¾ pounds and is about 18 inches long.

Total weight gain: Today I am 159.6, so that was only a 1 pound gain this week, which is good since last week was so awful! So I've gained 18.6 pounds so far in this pregnancy...6 more weeks to go, I really, really hope I can keep it at 25 pounds but that is looking a little bit harder. Guess it's time to lay off those late night ice cream snacks huh?

Maternity Clothes: Same as always—I’m mixing maternity with non-maternity clothes. I wear a lot of cardigans that I don’t button all the way up with maternity tank tops, or just long tank tops. Luckily, maternity tops haven’t been a huge necessity this entire pregnancy, although I wish I could fit a couple of non-maternity skirts. The outfit in the picture is all maternity though. Everything I'm wearing is stretchy, elastic paneled, longer in the front than the back, and tied to emphasize the bump and avoid looking like a tent. Yep, fits all of the maternity rules.

Sleep: Definitely better this week. I get sleepy really fast, but when I sleep, it’s fantastic.

Food cravings: Eh, no real cravings this week but turns out I looooved egg salad sandwiches. It wasn’t really a craving, just happened to be there, and I ate one and loved it. So, I ate 2 more. Classy huh?

What I miss: Clothes. Haha, I’m bored of my wardrobe and cannot wait to get back into my non-maternity clothes. That alone will be my motivation to quickly drop the weight after the birth. Well, that and Youth Congress and being with 17,000 other people who I want to look fantastic for. I sure have my priorities in order.

What I am looking forward to: We have our first shower this weekend! It’s being thrown by my coworkers and I’m a little excited. It’ll be cool to start getting our baby gear together!

Milestones: I get a lot of belly comments now. They range from “Wow, you look so small for being this far” to “Ooohhhh sister, you are HUGE” (thank you, little old lady at church, thank you for that comment). I guess the belly is growing and people are noticing, so everyone has something to say. Not really a milestone, I know, but still had to write about it. Also, Braxton Hicks contractions have been very, very there this week. They don't hurt, aren't really timeable, and aren't consistent, so it's nothing to worry about, but man they can get annoying sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment