Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letter To My Little Bun

Dear Cohen-

Hey little boy!

Well this week your bones are starting to harden and your brain is developing even more! You're such a little boy now....you've come such a LONG way since you were the size of a teensy poppy seed!!

We haven't hit any huge milestones this week that we need to talk about, so I thought instead, I'd prepare you for the life you're going to be born into in the next 11 weeks or so (10 if Mommy has her way).

Your Daddy and Mommy are very involved in church. We love God so much and we love working for Him. Because of that, we're in a few different ministries at church like Music, Sunday School, and we even lead the Youth Group. I'm just giving you a warning: you're going to be a busy little boy. But I promise, no matter how much we seem like we're having meetings, or going to class, or having parties, you will love it. Your Mommy and Daddy love it so we know you will too. Mommy has done this her whole life, ever since I was a very little girl, and I don't know any other way of doing it. If I'm not busy with ministries, I feel like I'm not doing enough for God.

When you're a smaller baby you'll have to be with Mommy a lot at youth things since I have to feed you, but once you're older you'll be able to stay with Poppy and Nana on those nights so you don't have to worry about sitting for so long. But let me give you fair warning-Poppy and Nana also do a lot at the church, so unless it's youth stuff, you'll probably be there right alongside all of us. You get to go to Youth Congress in August when you're just 4 months old! You're very lucky because it's a pretty amazing conference and most don't get to go until they're about 15 years old! You're already super cool.

We want you to always live for God, little boy. You  have so many people praying for you on both sides of the family. You can't give up on God. Sometimes, it may seem hard, but you have to know that you always have God to turn to. He has done a lot for your family, so we can't give up on Him now!

You may be born with your tiny little feet already running, but at least you'll be running towards God!! And learn this scripture now: Colossians 3:23: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

Okay, enough of that from me.

I love you so much little Mister. So, so much.

Love you,

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl you just made me cry. It is true Cohen, you might as well be prepared. You will hit the ground running, but it will be for God and that is awesome. God will always be your best friend, even in the hardest times of your life God is there. Your mommy has always been working for God and He has blessed her greatly. You cannot go wrong giving your whole life to him. Even your Uncle Tyrel and Mimi are busy for him, so see it is all in the family. Oh but what a way to live. God is good. You can even talk to Him daily and He always has time for you. I am very excited about your dedication day when your mommy and daddy hand you over to God to protect you and have His blessing and annointing over you.
    I love you so much little cohen I cannot stand it, love nana.
    You can always talk to your cousins Jayda and Texas, they too hit the ground running when they where born LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom-

    I'm so happy that Cohen is being born into a family where both sides love God and see the importance of Him in our lives. Some families have to live for God on their own but it's awesome knowing that we have support coming from every angle! Thank you for teaching me to love God so I can now teach my child!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete