Wednesday, January 12, 2011

28 Weeks Update


I never feel like I look quite as huge as these pictures make me look. Who knows…But the point is, my belly is growing bigger every week (obviously, I’m growing a human, it would be weird if it wasn’t growing at this point). I apologize in advance if this blog entry is snarky, crabby, or not really all "Yay! I'm so happy this week!" Honestly, I'm just tired and I need some sleep (insert Friends Quote: I need some Richard). I'll figure out the sleep thing soon, I have to!!

Weekly Questions

How far along? 28 weeks!

How Big Is The Baby? BabyCenter says he weighs 2 ¼ pounds and is 14.8 inches long. Holy cow, I’m growing a giant already. And when he stretches out using my bladder as a foot stool, I totally can feel all 2 1/4 pounds of him.

Total weight gain: Today I’m at 150.2. So that's 9.2 pounds so far.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely more comfortable at this point because of the length.

Sleep: Sleep? People actually sleep? I don’t believe it…It’s sure not happening here…Do I sound cranky about that? Well, I am. If you know me but at all, you know to have a happily functioning Ashley, she needs to sleep, and to sleep well. This waking up every 2 hours to roll, then to turn on the fan because I’m hot, then to pee because I’m already up thing is KILLING me. I miss sleeping through the night. I guess I have to give that up for awhile huh? I’m sure that sentence was supposed to be hyphenated but today, I can't care less. I sure am a pleasant blogger today.

Food cravings: No real cravings. Except Snicker Bars. I could eat one 2-3 times a day. I don’t, but I really could. And I’m trying hard to work past this chicken thing, but man, every once in awhile in sneaks up on me and I gag.

What I miss: Did I mention sleep?

What I am looking forward to: This week I have a 28 week appointment and I get my regular doctor back! She’s back from maternity leave and I have missed her!!

Milestones: Braxton Hicks started this week for me. I get probably 2-3 a day and they don’t hurt, just uncomfortable at times. Also, random strangers ask me about when I’m due, so I clearly look pregnant now. I passed my glucose test! And our registries at Babies ‘R Us and Target are completed (thanks Mom for really helping us figure that stuff out!). And I now pee sneeze. It’s beautiful. I should’ve been practicing my kegals. Better get started on that before it gets worse.

Oh and look how I stick out so much more from the front now too:

No comments:

Post a Comment